The Children's Aid Society - Singapore
With a heritage tracing back to the era of British colonial rule in the late 1880s, Children’s Aid Society is among the oldest philanthropic organisations in Singapore. The organization was originally established as St Nicholas Home, but was closed in 1900 due to the lack of accommodation facilities then reopened as the Children’s Aid Society in 1902.
On 31st October 1969, the First Lady, Puan Noor Aishah, officiated at the Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony of the new Melrose Home at 503 Clementi Road. The children and staff moved from Tomlinson Road to their beautiful new home in April 1970 and in the following year of 1971, Mrs Benjamin Sheares officially opened Melrose Home. In 1972, Mr T.S. Zain became the first Singaporean Chairman of the Children’s Aid Society, heralding a new era.
Registered under the Societies Act, the Children’s Aid Society’s objective to aid children and young persons in need has remained fundamentally the same over the decades. An Executive Committee is elected from among its members, forming the governing body for Melrose Home.
Melrose Home aims to nurture a supportive ‘home away from home’ environment for its residents, and has the capacity to provide quality residential care for 80 disadvantaged children and teenagers between the ages of 3 to 18 years.
Available for download:
2015 Annual Report
2014 Annual Report
2013 Annual Report
2012 Annual Report
2011 Annual Report